Friday, November 26, 2010

Camera Ready

    I have decided to "upgrade" my camera to the same status as my purse--that being a "total necessity".  My purse contains my "lifeline" to the world--my driver's license, my CREDIT CARDS, my medical and car insurance cards, my keys, money (yes, some people still use it), and those "more than important things"--makeup, a brush, a mirror, and Tic-Tacs.  I never leave my house without my purse!! 
   As I was pulling out of the driveway last night,  I noticed the sky was absolutely beautiful with great gashes of pink slashed through it.  I pulled back in and hurried to get my camera, but by the time I got my camera, found a place to photograph the sky without light poles, roofs, and other urban trappings,  the luscious pink coloring had faded.  I still thought the shots I took were beautiful in an eerie sort of way,though not as colorful as they could have been.   I have decided that from now on I'm going to "sling my camera over my shoulder"  just as I do my purse every time I walk out the door.  Then, I will always be "camera ready".


                           Trails of pink icing
                                   Frost the early evening sky
                                             A celebration




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely skies...have you checked out Skywatch on a Friday? Always great to look at sky images from around the world. I confess to the pinks skies being my favourite :)

J_on_tour said...

Nice skies. Cameras are great for carrying with you as like the items that you mentioned, you never know when you are going to need them. Funny you should talk about camera upgrades as I am going to look at that today. I'm thinking about not so much upgrading my camera but adding to what I have something more suitable for certain things.